Foreign Exchange Program
2023 IFYE Outbound Participant Program
To become a 2023 IFYE:
- You will be expected to be an active participant as a member of your host family.
- Successful participants must be able to think on their feet and represent themselves and their country positively.
- You must be at least 19 years of age.
- Application, interview, orientation, and debriefing required.
- Participation fee is $3,750 for the two- or three-month program. Participant fee is $5,000 for the six-month program.
- Scholarships may be available through your state. Please check with National Program Director, Melissa Haberstroh at email@example.com for this availability.
2023 IFYE Program Dates:
June 14-19: IFYE Orientation in Washington, D.C. (two-, summer & fall three-, and six-month programs)
June 19: Begin summer two-month, summer three-month and six-month programs. Learn more
August 14: End of two-month summer program
September 7: End of three-month summer program
September 7-10: Debriefing for two- and three-month summer programs
September 17: Begin fall three-month program. Learn more
December 10: Ending of fall three-month and six-month programs
December 10-13: Debriefing for fall three-month program and six-month program
Additional information can be obtained by:
- Checking other information/links under the Foreign Exchange Program navigation link at the top of on the website or in the left sidebar.
- Contacting Melissa Haberstroh, IFYE National Program Director via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 210-816-1114.