2023 Interim Executive Director
Carolyn Seymour Hansen
She received her Bachelor of Science and Master of Arts degrees from The Ohio State University. Carolyn's career has included working for:
- Kiwanis International as the International Administrator of Circle K (the collegiate program of Kiwanis) where she worked with the Circle K and Kiwanis Boards of Officers to strengthen their programs of community service
- State Farm Insurance and Country Companies where she led instructional designers as they developed training for their agents and employees
- Illinois Cooperative Extension as a 4-H Youth Development Educator for McLean County in central Illinois
Hansen is completing her fourth term (16 years) as a member and Vice President of the Olympia Community Unit School District (CUSD) #16 Board of Education. She is also President of the Kiwanis Club of the Olympia Area.Carolyn Seymour Hansen
Interim Executive Director
P.O. Box 102
Minier, IL 61759
National Program Director
As National Program Director for the IFYE Association of the USA, Inc., Melissa (Ruyle) Haberstroh coordinates the exchanges for young adults ages 19 and over with domestic and international partners. Her responsibilities include expanding the number of US outbound delegates; collaborating with participating states and countries; and building relationships with other domestic and international entities focused on cross-cultural exchanges for young adults.
- Participated as a 1988 IFYE Representative from Texas to Belgium and as a 1992 IFYE Representative from Texas to Botswana. She served the National IFYE Association as a Board Member and as Vice President in 2000.
- Graduated from Tarleton State University in Stephenville, Texas where she earned both her Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in Animal Science and Biology.
Melissa Jeffrey Design
Haberstroh has spent the last 18 years as the CEO and Principal Designer at Melissa Jeffrey Design. Her award-winning designs focus on new construction, remodels, and historic restorations of both residences and commercial spaces.
Her first foray into entrepreneurship was as visionary and owner of two nationally-recognized home furnishings boutiques. Burlap Horse, was named the ARTS Home Accessory Store of the year for the Midwest/Southwest region; further recognized nationally as one of Fifty Retail Stars; and awarded two Gold Retailers Excellence Awards. Melissa was honored with a special gold award for Outstanding Public Service; was the first retailer appointed ex-officio member to the Gift & Home Trade Association's Board; was a member of the AmericasMart Gift & Home Furnishings Board; and Contributing Editor to a major trade publication; and a national speaker on retail strategies for the independent retailer.
Travel and Design
Melissa’s love of travel and expedition provides inspiration and product for her designs as well as her new blog. She is an aspiring photographer whose lens is focused on nature and historic architecture. She lives with her husband Jeff in the Texas Hill Country.
607 E. Blanco No. 2326
Boerne, TX 78006