News & Events
ADDITIONAL CONFERENCE INFORMATION (Auctions, Fun Family Attractions, Meals)
2022 LIVE & SILENT AUCTIONS
We look forward to your quality items for the auctions at the 2022 National IFYE Conference. Some ideas include:
- Your state or internationally-themed items
- Themed basket - by state, region, country, wines, regional foods, travel goodies, etc.
- Individual items - new items from your area or country - wines, regional foods, pictures, etc.
- Please include a written description of individual items OR what items are in the basket, as well as
- who is donating the basket or item, and
- value of basket/items
- All proceeds from the auctions will support the IFYE program.
- Live auction items will be taken back to the hotel and will be picked up and paid for on Saturday between 2 and 3 PM.
- Silent auction will be open before and after the annual business meeting on Saturday morning. Items may be picked up and paid for Saturday - 2:00 - 3:00 PM. – Time will be in printed program.
BLOOMINGTON-NORMAL ATTRACTIONS FOR TEENS and CHILDREN
Bloomington-Normal has several great experiences for children and teens:
Fun Family Activities:
- The Children’s Discovery Museum is two blocks from the hotel
- Fairview Aquatic Centers
- Miller Park Zoo
- trampoline centers
- parks all around town will keep your children busy and entertained
- Illinois State University
- Illinois Wesleyan University
- New this year, activities will be held for area 4-H members to introduce them to IFYE and State’s 4-H International programs and your family is invited.
HOTEL AND MEAL INFORMATION
- Onsite parking in the parking structure attached to the hotel’s skybridge is complementary for those staying at the hotel.
- All rooms include a microwave, refrigerator, and smart TV.
- Continental breakfasts on Friday and Sunday and full breakfast on Saturday are included in the registration fees
- Dinner for each day is included in both part-time daily and full-time registration fees.