News & Events
IFYE Association of the USA, Inc.
Job Opening: Administrative Assistant
The IFYE Association of the USA, Inc. is a not-for-profit premier international cultural exchange program for young adults, ages 19 and above. IFYE is a two-way cultural immersion that enables participants to live with multiple, rural-based families for several weeks at a time. Approximately 20 participating countries send young adults to live with similar U.S. host families.
The IFYE Program was founded in 1948 with the IFYE motto of “Peace Through Understanding.” The Association is guided by a Board of Directors, and management is carried out by the IFYE Executive Director and the IFYE National Program Director. The Association is seeking a part-time, work from home, contracted Administrative Assistant. Interested qualified individuals should email a cover letter, resume and references to Ken Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Compensation will be based on experience.
Position Reports to: IFYE Executive Director
Job Summary for Administrative Assistant
The IFYE Program Administrative Assistant is an integral part of the executive and program functions of the association. The Administrative Assistant will organize and mange many functions related to written communications, working with the program director regarding travel details, coordinating the receipt of documents for both Outbound and Inbound IFYEs. This position works with various State Coordinators and Host Families to confirm details for the exchanges. The position will also assist with event coordination and details. The position may be responsible for completing meeting minutes and other written documents as requested. A knowledge of database management is a plus.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1) Manage and maintain all check lists for both Outbound and Inbound IFYE Representatives including but not limited to:
- Code of Conduct
- Medical Information
- Photo Release
- Travel Release
- Liability Release
- Inbound and Outbound checklists
- Passport numbers and photo
2) Verify personal information for all inbound and outbound IFYE such as:
- Copy of passport
- Contact information for home and host families
- Program Dates
- Flight information
- T-shirt sizes
- Medical concerns
3) Update all forms as needed going through appropriate approval process.
4) Update the State Coordinators Handbook as necessary and as approved.
5) Ensure updated forms are placed on the IFYE website as required.
6) Coordinate details of the IFYE Association Orientation in June and December each year. Including hotel arrangements, meeting rooms, meals, flight schedules, room assignments, registration and handouts.
7) Set up conference calls as requested and maintain agendas and minutes as necessary.
8) Coordinate information for the website with the Social Media committee.
9) Work with others on maintaining current information on the IFYE database.
10) Coordinate mailing (email and traditional) campaigns for fundraising, recruiting IFYE Representatives, thank you notes, alumni communications and communication to Foundations and Donors as requested.
11) Maintain records and files including records of corporate contacts and a tickler file for follow up contacts.
12) Assist with details of presentations by the National Program Director and the Executive Director and the annual Board of Directors meeting.
13) Maintain a current copy from the Associate Secretary of the IFYE Policy and Procedure manuals for the Association.
14) Conduct internet searches for potential donors as directed.
15) Send invoices and bills to the treasurer after approval by the Executive Director.
16) Support the IFYE Association of the USA, Inc. Board of Directors as needed.
17) Complete any other duties that may be reasonably assigned from time to time.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Post high school education preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proficiency in databases
- Superior organization skills
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands
- Judgement to seek advice or direction when necessary
- Detail oriented
- Ability to be flexible in an ever-changing atmosphere
- Exceptional communications with all ages and types of people
- Dedicated to completing projects in a timely manner
- Maintain awareness of budget limitations
Required Hours per Week: 20
The Association shall make its services, facilities and programs available to all persons regardless of race, color, creed, gender, gender variance, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or national origin, and the Association shall not in any way discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, gender variance, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or national origin.
April 11, 2019