Foreign Exchange Program
To become a 2021 IFYE:
- You will be expected to be an active participant as a member of your host family.
- Successful participants must be able to think on their feet and represent themselves and their country positively.
- You must be at least 19 years of age.
- Application, interview, orientation, and debriefing required.
- Participation fee is $3,000 for the two-, three-, and six-month programs. The $3,000 program fee payment method will be discussed individually with the National Program Director upon submission of application. This program fee covers only about 15% of the total cost with alumni and outside sources contributing the balance.
- Scholarships may be available through your state. Please check with National Program Director, Alan Lambert (firstname.lastname@example.org) for this availability.
2021 IFYE Program Dates:
- June 17-21: IFYE Orientation in Washington, D.C. (two-, summer & fall three-, and six-month programs)
- June 22: Begin summer two-month, summer three-month and six-month programs
- August 16: End of two-month summer program
- September 10: End of three-month summer program
- September 10-13: Debriefing for two- and three-month summer programs
- September 20: Begin fall three-month program
- December 09: Ending of fall three-month and six-month programs
- December 09-12: Debriefing for fall three-month program and six-month program
Further information can be obtained from
- Checking other information /links under “Foreign Exchange Programs” on this website (see links on left),
- Alan Lambert, IFYE National Program Director, email@example.com or 605-366-6107.