Foreign Exchange Program
To become a 2020 IFYE:
- You will be expected to be an active participant as a member of your host family.
- Successful participants must be able to think on their feet and represent themselves and their country positively.
- You must be at least 19 years of age.
- Application, interview, orientation, and debriefing required.
- Participation fee is $3,000 for the two-, three-, and six-month programs. Program fee payment method to be discussed individually with National Program Director upon submission of application. This covers only about 15% of the total cost, with alumni and outside sources contributing the balance.
- Scholarships may be available through your state. Please check with National Program Director, Alan Lambert (email@example.com) for this availability.
2020 IFYE Program Dates:
- June 18 - 22, 2020 - IFYE Orientation in Washington, D.C. (two, three (summer and fall), and six-month programs)
- June 22, 2020 - Begin summer two-month, summer three-month and six-month programs
- August 17, 2020 - End of two-month summer program
- September 10, 2020 - End of three-month summer program
- September 10 - 13, 2020 - Debriefing for two- and three-month summer programs
- September 20 - December 10, 2020 - Begin fall three-month program
- December 10, 2020 - End of six-month and fall three-month programs
- December 10 - 13, 2020 - Debriefing for fall three-month program and six-month program
Further information can be obtained from
- Checking other information /links under “Foreign Exchange Programs” on this website (see links on left),
- Alan Lambert, IFYE National Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-366-6107.